• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • 5 topics
  • My Saxophone:Yamaha Custom Z
  • My Mouthpiece:Beechler Kustom Bellite Metal D7
  • Years Of Playing:24

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:49 PM

How to do this kind of tricks that they called "circular breathing"? I need some help... Thanks...

#2 masechat

masechat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • 1 topics

Posted 22 July 2014 - 11:15 AM

I'm wondering the same thing too.

I've watched some youtube videos but can never achieve it.

#3 Saxrasta

Saxrasta

Advanced Saxophone Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • 1 topics
  • My Saxophone:Selmer Mark VII tenor, Selmer Super Action 80 alto, Solist baritone
  • My Mouthpiece:tenor- Guardala Michael Brecker II (hand made); alto - RPC custom, Theo Wane Brad Rambur custom, Claude Lakey jazz custom; baritone - Kessler Custom
  • Years Of Playing:31 professionally

Posted 20 September 2015 - 10:08 PM

You begin by practicing the technique while you are taking a shower. Sounds crazy huh? While showering fill your mouth with water. Slowly spit the water out of your mouth in a stream using your cheek muscles. While doing this you inhale air through your nose. That's how to get started building the technique. Then you apply it to playing sax. Instead of shower water, you use cheek muscles to play a note on sax while you inhale through your nose. Then you work on transition. Play a long tone. As you get to the end of your lung capacity, fill your cheeks with air while playing. Let the cheek pressure take over playing the note while you inhale quickly through your nose, then you have full lungs to take over again. The two transitions (lung to cheeks, and cheeks back to lungs) are very tough to master. Kenny G has it down perfectly. 

https://youtu.be/bkA_pxHaNZQ

#4 Giannis Gennarakis

Giannis Gennarakis

Saxophone Player

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • 0 topics
  • My Saxophone:Tenor Trevor James Revolution II
  • My Mouthpiece:Vandoren V16 T77
  • Years Of Playing:14

Posted 30 March 2018 - 03:20 AM

the best way to practice it for a star is with a straw and a glass of water. try to get bubbles in the glass while blowing through the straw and at the same time breathing through your nose while watching the bubbles! the technique is based on the way you push air that is stored on your chicks while inhaling through the nose at the same time! there are many youtube videos you can check to see how its done!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users